- What is an ECash Direct account and how do I get one?
ECash stands for "electronic cash". ECash is a legal form of computer-generated currency which can be securely purchased with credit and debit cards, e-cheques, cheques, money orders, wire transfers or other payment options. Once a user purchases ECash, it can be used within applications that use the ECash Direct system. An ECash Direct account is created automatically when a user registers an application that contains an ECash Direct product. Each ECash Direct account has a username and password associated with it that is chosen by the user during registration.
- How do I deposit funds to my ECash Direct account?
To deposit funds to your ECash Direct account, select Deposit from the ECash Direct screen and choose the method by which you would like to deposit and enter the amount you would like to deposit. You may then click the Proceed button and your deposit will be processed. For more information on the different methods you can use to deposit funds to your ECash Direct account, click on Payment Options.
- What are the current deposit limits via credit card to ECash Direct accounts?
Current deposit and withdrawal limits for all payment options can be found in the Transaction Terms Summary in the Cashier.
- Do deposits to my ECash Direct account via credit card get charged to me as purchases or cash advances?
Deposits to your ECash Direct account via credit cards get charged as purchases.
All charges from ECash Direct are classified as Purchases. However, please be advised that Visa and/or MasterCard may classify these charges as Cash Advances and will charge you accordingly.
- How do I withdraw funds from my ECash Direct account?
Please be aware that in order to withdraw funds from your ECash Direct account, certain information may be required.
Please select Withdraw from the ECash Direct screen and click on which method you would like to withdraw by - credit card or cheque (please note our conditions below). Once you have done this, please enter the amount you would like to withdraw. You may then click the Proceed button and your withdrawal will be processed.
- If I withdraw money from my ECash Direct account back to my credit card, how long does it generally take to show up on my credit card statement?
When withdrawing from your ECash Direct account back to your credit card, it will take approximately 2-5 business days to show up on your credit card statement. If 5 business days have passed since you withdrew funds from your ECash Direct account and they still have not shown up on your statement, please contact the bank who issued you the credit card and ask them if they see a credit from ECash Direct pending. If they do not, please contact ECash Direct.
- How much can I withdraw back to my credit card?
When withdrawing from your ECash Direct account back to your credit card, you may withdraw up to the amount that you have deposited via credit card in the lifetime of your accounts with ECash Direct. When you have withdrawn up to this amount, any remaining funds must be withdrawn by other methods.
- Can I request to withdraw by either cheque or credit card, whichever I prefer?
No. If you have deposited to your ECash Direct account at any time by credit card, you must withdraw that amount back to your credit card first. The remainder of your balance may be withdrawn by cheque. Credit cards have priority. You may not request a cheque withdrawal until you have withdrawn the total of your deposits by credit card. You may not withdraw back to your credit card more than the amount which you have deposited.
- I had to reinstall a program that contained the ECash Direct application. Can I get my old ECash Direct account back?
Yes, certain applications will allow you reactivate your old ECash Direct account. When you logon to the application for the first time after the reinstall you will need to select the Activate button. Please note that in order to reactivate and old ECash Direct account you will need to know your account number, username and password.
- I get the error message "Account is locked". What do I do?
If you get this message, please contact our customer service/technical support team. It helps our customer service department if you know your account number before contacting us. If you do not know what your account number is, you can find it on one of the following three pages (if applicable):
- the Cashier homepage;
- the "Important Note" field of the Cheque Deposit page; or
- on the Wire Transfer deposit page.
- I have an ECash Direct account but I can't remember my username and/or password. What should I do?
Unfortunately, for security reasons we cannot e-mail your username or password to you. You will have to contact us via one of our toll-free 24 hour phone lines in order to retrieve this information.